Total Pageviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

Washington, D.C., Early Morning, Part III -- NE Projects

This is part 3 of my early morning trip to DC last weekend.  After leaving the Anacostia Park, I headed toward RFK Stadium, former home to the Washington Redskins.  
On the way to the stadium, right nearby, I passed Eastern High School.  I'm sure I've known many former students or 'should have been students, but dropped out' in my career-field.  Anyway, this is a pretty cool looking school...
RFK Stadium which appears to now be the home of a soccer team.



The projects seem to be a nice, quiet, safe place at 7am!!!!
Saw just a little bit of razor wire and just a few bars on windows!!


Like playing Monopoly!
Inter-spaced with the public housing there are little pockets of really nicely kept townhouses.
I took this pic driving by and as I passed, I noticed a guy jump up and look at me.  Looking at this pic, you can see him to the right watching me taking his picture!  Oh well, if your yard looks like this, you should expect people to look at it and take pics. 
Again, there are some really nice houses in this area too...

2 comments:

  1. These are really good pictures, Tony. Morning light is absolutely the best light for taking pictures, and it always looks awesome on red brick, making even the projects look inviting.

    There is a place in SE Washington, D.C. I want to visit. I'm a big fan of the historical figure Frederick Douglas. He lived in DC in his late years and his house in in the SE. All the reviews of the place say it's in a bad part of town and don't even walk from the Metro stop a few blocks away. One review call the neighborhood "gritty"...a charming euphemism for a slum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try some early morning shots, but that just means I have to drag my ass outta bed on the weekend and I don't wanna. Great pictures T!

    ReplyDelete