Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Washington, D.C., Early Morning, Part IV --The White House


This is the last part of my early morning DC Trip last week.  My trip ended near the White House.  There always seems to be something going on there and even early in the morning, it's amazing to realize your standing right there!

On Pennsylvania Ave, looking North East, above the Renwick Gallery.


A man photographs students with the White house fountain in the background.

These old call boxes at Jackson PL and Penn Ave.  These used to contain phones for police and firemen.  They remain throughout the city.

I had to laugh at these shirts because I just knew these guys hated wearing them! But it got better.....
As I walked away, this women rushed toward them yelling "Sanders, Sanders!!!" That was the name on the shirt.  She was trying to get their attention and they seemed to be ignoring her-- so she got louder!!!!
The circle in the foreground is where the White house Christmas Tree goes.  They keep being destroyed or dying from disease so there is currently no tree there...
This statue sits atop a war memorial (The First Division Monument) just tothe SW of the White house. 
Front facade of the Corcoran School of Art.
Wrought iron fence along the Southern boundary of the White House grounds.  

I GOT to get me one of those snazzy hats!!
I hope you enjoyed the DC pics. The city always has something new to see and do. I've been here a couple years now and am always finding new things to experience. I highly recommend a trip at least once to see it for yourself!!

5 comments:

  1. United States flags always look great when they are back-lit. Hey....Sanders Family!....wait...wait for me! That's mad funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first picture could be a postcard. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete