Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2012

MD Part II- Old Bridges around Washington County

One of the things I'm really enjoying about living in this part of the country is the old architecture and the vast amount of historical places right nearby. It's pretty amazing to think about all that has happened in this area over the years; there's Sir Walter Raleigh's arrival in the 1580's, the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, John Wilkes Booth being killed, and I'm pretty sure Pocahontas used to live right where my shed is now!

Anyway, recently a friend took me on a tour of Washington, County, MD and the surrounding area. We went specifically to see these old bridges. There are many more of this style scattered all over the area. Things that I thought were old out on the west coast were just built yesterday in comparison to some of the dates I see out here.

One day when we actually travel to Europe or somewhere with REAL history, I won't know what to do!!!!!











2 comments:

  1. I'm actually mad that you didn't post more beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the 4th picture with the moss on the brick bridge rail.

    ReplyDelete