Total Pageviews

Friday, March 23, 2012

NY Photos 1 of 3-- People of New York City

We visited New York City, March 18-20, 2012.  This is something I would typically go crazy photographing, and now that I have the new camera, Anais and my parents were really in trouble!   I took well over 3000 photos!!  I don't usually take photos of people, but I figured this would be a good opportunity to practice.  Below are several examples of the people we saw all over town.  I tried to capture interesting people and interactions.  The pics are in the order they were taken and some will have notes, while some won't...

This was the tour guide on one of our buses around town.  He claimed to be a war vet who gave up a career in law enforcement to 'give back' to New York after 9-11-- by becoming a tour bus guide.  Oh, and he also made it clear, very clear, that he works on tips. 

 This guy is sanding a girder of the new WTC Tower #1.

City Hall Park.




Battery Park.

This homeless woman sitting on the West Side of Central Park looked so alone.

Outside a fire station on 8th Avenue.

With the exception of the mobs in Times Square, New Yorkers were a lot friendly than I expected.

First day of Spring in Central Park.



Kids waiting for a bus in Harlem.

Bored doorman on 5th Avenue.

More 5th. Avenue doormen.

Central Park.

Trinatario? 


 This was one of three I took of these two. The guy in the green hat looked amazed to see the older man.

Musicians in Central Park.

We stopped and spoke with this guy.  He said the little girl is his 'Little Helper.' 

Studying with guard dog in Central Park.









I wondered what the story was between these two. 





The guy on the right looked scared of Elmo. (In Times Square).




These ladies were doing some sort of yoga on the street.

This is out on the ferry near Staten Island.

New Jersey in the background.

Children enjoying some bubbles in Battery Park.




I imagined the man on the stairs telling the other guy he was doing the concrete all wrong.

More friendly New Yorkers.  This time in Brooklyn.  

Some odd parings that made me wonder what the story was.

Workmen on the Brooklyn Bridge.

These guys were working on the Manhattan Bridge.  This scene made me think of those old black & white pictures of the men building these bridges.  

And once again, they were friendly.  You would think they would be sick of waving to tourists with cameras, but apparently not!









1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I like the bridge pictures (among many others). People tell the story of the place, at least I think they do. You just have to engage them a little. I took my son to New York a few months ago and he's all over me to go back. Not once did we feel uncomfortable or unsafe. We had a great time and we're planning a return trip.

    ReplyDelete