Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

My favorite pics...

This page will include some of my favorite work; not always the best pics, but the ones I like for one reason or another. I hope to add to it often as I have an extensive collection of old stuff...


Anais at the top of the Washington Monument, December, 2008.

 I took this at an old house in Stafford, Va, in Spring, 2010.  This house was the first in town with an indoor toilet.  Now it just has a big skylight!

Old motel sign on Highway 1 in North Stafford, Va.  The sign has since disappeared.

Wild weather over my house.

This puppy was guarding his house in the French Quarter in New Orleans.

This one was peeking at me out of his car driving down Kietzke in Reno!

Wild Mustangs out behind Shadow Mountain in Reno.

Chevy Bel Air in Fredericksburg, Va.

I got lucky and was able to get this pic of an old motel and station wagon with no newer cars around.  A little Picasa magic and it looks like it was taken years ago.

Rappahannock River near Falmouth, Va.

Downtown Fredericksburg at sunrise with a flash to make the flowers stand out.

These tiers lead up to the National Cemetery which is home to numerous Civil War soldiers.

 A kinda sloped street in San Francisco in November, 2010.

This church is in San Miguel, El Salvador and has been closed for several years since being damaged in an earthquake.

This spiral stair case leads up to the top of the lighthouse on Alcatraz Island.

Harley wheel reflecting the American flag and the POW flag on top of the names of fallen soldiers etched in the chrome.

Anais hanging out with the American Chopper guys in the New Orleans Superdome. 


This was taken on November 13, 2011, at Lorton prison in Northern Virginia, looking through the fence to the closed off section. The focusing on the fence and blurred background was unintentional as I was using a Samsung phone to take the picture. 


This was taken December 4, 2011, at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football stadium. I was about 2 hours from going on stage in front of several hundred cops and and we figured what better way to prepare than to go on a tour of the stadium in suits in 85 degree heat! 


This shot was taken November 27, 2011, on Government island in Virginia. This is one of my favorite photo taking spots and I have several of this particular beaver-chewed tree. I liked this one so much it's now a canvas in my house. One thing I would do differently now though is pull back just a bit and get a little more of the surrounding area into the shot. 


I was ecstatic this panorama came out! I took this on December 10, 2011, as the sun came up over the tidal basin in Washington, D.C.

This was another pic taken the same day. Early morning at the Vietnam Wall. If you want to see the monuments and memorials it's always best to do it early before the crowds form. 


This was taken December 22, 2011, at the Newseum in DC. This broadcast antenna was the highest point of either World Trade Center tower and fell the furthest. 


Although these bolts look enlarged in this pic, they really were pretty big. I took this on December 27, 2011, at an old distillery near Fredericksburg, Va. I thought the B&W made the pic look rustic. Also, it was pretty cool to find a pile of old railroad spikes! 


I was really happy with the way this pic turned out. I took it on December 23, 2011, and as are most of my pics, this was just taken on a whim as we were walking by these chairs in downtown Annapolis. 


This was at an Occupy DC protest on the Capitol lawn on January 17. 2012. 


We were out driving near our house on January 28, 2012, when we came across this old area that time seemed to have passed by. 


I noticed this truck in a field behind a gas station near Lock haven, Pa. The color version seemed kinda plain, but once turned into B&W, it seemed to really stand out. It's now in a 16X20 frame in our house. (January 30, 2012)


I shot this on February 2, 2012, while leaving USP Lewisburg, Pa. It was just a random farm house scene that I think turned out nicely. This is another one that has been converted to canvas. 


This was up on a ski run in Virginia on February 11, 2012. 


San Diego's Mission San Diego de Alcala, founded July 16, 1769. I couldn't make it that day for the grand opening so I took this pic on February 14, 2012.


March 2, 2012, Downtown Denver. No commentary on this one, just a question: What if you lost everything? 


March 10, 2012. Kyra was happy to pose for the new camera. 


I don't usually intend on taking photos of the sun, yet all of my photo sets seem to end up including several! This was taken march 10, 2012, with the new camera.
I took this in mid July, 2012 at the national Zoo.  The other Orangutan was up on the overhead wires and I hadn't figured out what this one was looking so intently at yet...


1 comment:

  1. I like the one of the roses taken at sunrise, using flash. Also like the dog sticking his head out of the green shutters in New Orleans. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete